Friday, October 3, 2008

Fun Day

Since I've been so grumpy lately, I thought I'd tell you about a very enjoyable day today. This morning I went with some others from church to serve lunch at the Medical School at the University of Texas San Antonio. A group of christian dental and medical students involved with CMDA (Christian Medical and Dental Association) meet every Thursday and a church in the area provides lunch for them. There is a quick motivational talk, and then they are on their way to the rest of their classes, etc. They were the nicest bunch of "kids". Earnestly appreciative of being able to grab lunch, visit, get a boost and get on with their very busy schedules. We served about 120 or so today, which is down due to exams next week and a couple of study groups were meeting during that time today. Really made me homesick for Levi who I know has been keeping this same pace for the 4 years he was and undergrad student and even moreso for the past 1 1/2 years as a graduate student, and husband, daddy and full-time manager of a Sears store. I don't know how he does it! He's not just getting by, he EXCELS! Miss you sweetie!

To top the evening off, we had a fun "fashion show" with some of the women from church with yummy soups, salads and tons of desserts. All the latest fashions were modeled and I can't wait to see them on mainstreet USA. :) A very nice time visiting with friends AND I took home a "newcomers" gift!

No comments: