Friday, September 12, 2008

Carl #2 and Levi #3

These two boys have the very unique honor or sharing the same birthday...3 years apart! When Carl came into our lives, he was this snuggly, loving, easy-going, totally loveable baby! All my fears about whether we were ready for another baby in our family disappeared the very first moment I saw him. He made a quick entrance, 13 days early and 47 minutes of labor! He made his appearance before the doctor showed up to catch him!

Carl found his true love, Crystal, and married her 3 years ago. We are so happy having her be a part of our family. They live in Centerton, AR, where they are now raising their first child, Camden.

Carl has worked for Wal-Mart at the home office in
Bentonville for several years now...I can't keep track!
He works with the buyers, and will soon be traveling in Mexico for a week or so.

Crystal got her cosmetology license in December, and is able to work 3 days a week and be home with Camden all the other days.

Aren't they a beautiful family!?! If you want to see lots more pictures and get to know them better, the link to their blog is to the left of this post...The King Family.

Carl, just like the other boys, loves motorcycle riding, but has given it up for the time being to concentrate on his family. He is a sweet, gentle man, loving, earnest and a great father and husband. We are so proud watching him lead his family and always putting them first. By the way, did I tell you he's my favorite?

When my water broke at 2:30 a.m. on September 8, 1984, I knew my 3rd child was going to born on Carl's birthday. We didn't know whether it would be a boy or girl, but I had been given specific instructions to "bring home a boy baby" from his two older brothers. We brought Levi home the same evening he was born and laid him in Carl's lap who immediately thought Levi was his birthday present!


Levi found his love and soul mate in Searcy, AR while attending Harding University. They were married 2 years ago and we couldn't be happier with Levi's choice to be our daughter-in-law. They live in Searcy, AR where they are raising their first child, Gavin and will be welcoming their second child next month.





Levi will graduate from Harding Graduate school this December in Business Health Services. He also manages a Sear's store in Beebe, AR.

Laura is a stay-at-home mom who thoroughly enjoys every day with her son as he grows. She will soon be a very busy mom with two little ones to love.

This picture is from when Gavin was first born, and I don't have any of the three of them now that he is bigger, but you can click on the link to the left of this post and see all of the great pictures and read about the lives of this family...The Life of my Love.

Levi is a man of incredible drive and discipline, working full time, completing his graduate degree in 15 months and still putting his family first and capturing precious moments with them. Levi really enjoys cooking...especially grilling, and is very good at it. He is a generous, kind, honest and devoted father, husband and son. We are so proud to see him lead his family and live his life for God. By the way, did I tell you he's my favorite?

2 comments:

Crystal_King said...

Awww, how sweet you are! I loved reading about my husband! He'll be happy to see it. It's amazing we've been married for so long already. I know to you it's not a long time, but geeze, it's really gone by so quickly! It was great talking to you last night, thanks for keeping me company! :) Love you!

The McCain House said...

Laura, you crack me up still. I miss your hugs but keep up with you on your blog and many members of your family. I hope you haven't washed away!
Cammy Jo