Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Betty

My (favorite) sister-in-law Betty came to SA for a visit!! The day she arrived it was rather dreary and damp and she'd been driving for about 10 hours, so we just visited and went to Alamo Cafe for dinner. I was so excited she was here, I couldn't sleep :)

Sunday morning we went to Church where she got to meet lots of "brothers and sisters" who've been praying for Betty's daughter Danielle, and her whole family. Sunday was a beautiful Texas day, so we decided to spend a few hours at the ball park where the SA Missions took on the Tulsa Drillers and whupped 'em!





















Monday we spent the afternoon at Market Square and the Riverwalk shopping, shopping, shopping. Oh yeah, and eating at the Iron Cactus, a restaurant Rebecca, Bill's niece, introduced us to. They have the best guacamole I've ever tasted!!

Tuesday we had a lazy morning and then spent the rest of the day in San Marcos at the outlet malls. We barely scratched the surface since that mall is sooo big, but we shopped hard and long arriving home just as Bill was going to bed, with our packages secretly hidden in the back of my car....shh ;)

Wednesday afternoon we headed downtown to the Alamo for the TEA party. Glenn Beck spoke and aired his live television show from the Alamo. Ted Nugent was on hand playing our National Anthem. What a crowd of people!!! There were signs everywhere, people of all ages and a lot of energy in the air!! My favorite sign said "I AM NOT YOUR ATM!" However, I failed to get a picture of it. Here are a couple..

























I took these with my phone; quality isn't great and lots of them didn't come out. Of course that's just a little glimpse of the crowd.

Betty walked through the crowd more than I did and saw people in costumes, more signs and really got the feel of all the positive energy. It was a very exciting place to be. BTW...look at the size of that cactus...cool huh!?!

After the TEA party, we met Bill at the church building for dinner and then went to Bible Class where we are watching the Mark Gungor DVD presentation "Laugh Yourself to a Better Marriage". And laugh we did...that guy is hilarious. Then we headed home. It was April 15, so I had to finish our taxes and get them sent off before the midnight deadline. Why would anyone who has to pay send the money even a day early?

Thursday was a rather gloomy day weatherwise as if even the weather was sad that Betty was leaving me. Before she did though, we along with others from church, set up lunch for the Dental School students and listened to Dr. Branch talk about his experience with mission work which started 50+ years ago.

As sad as I was to see Betty go, I understand how ready she was to be with her husband and children again...also those great-nephews she cares for every week. We were blessed with gorgeous weather and even though I had therapy for 2 hours every day that kept us from doing a lot of other things we wanted to do, it is that therapy that made it possible for me to get out without pain; so that also is a blessing!
Can't wait until your next visit my sweet sister Betty!!

No comments: