Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Knitting project

I thought I'd post some pictures of the knitting I've been doing...or as William calls it "yarnin'." Please don't look too closely at the model...it was Saturday night out in the garage and I was hot and tired!




This is the mitered square scarf...first time I've ever knitted mitered squares, and I love the colors and the way it came out.











I've really been into "felting" (when you wash loosely woven yarn in extremely hot water causing the fibers to grab hold of each other transforming into a dense fabric-like item). I didn't really get a good picture...it's really beautiful vibrant colors...more vibrant than before felting.


And then I stretched it to make it even longer...




















The colors really are beautiful, but the phone camera just didn't do it justice. I've already picked out the yarn I want to use to make the next one. Making the mitered squares was really fun.

I'll post more later...

1 comment:

sheila said...

WOW! This is a whole new side to you. Your work is beautiful!!! I love to cross-stitch but just haven't found the time lately. Let's get together and stitch/knit!!!