Saturday, August 23, 2008

Light Night

The Church here has something they call "Light Night". It's sort of a "let your light shine" event one Monday night a month in the summer, and every Monday night through the rest of the year. The group meets for dinner at the fellowship hall and then works on various projects around the building and community. The dinner is prepared by women of the congregation in the fellowship kitchen, and anyone who knows me very well, knows that's right up my alley. The woman who has been "in charge" of the meal for the past year or so was out of town quite a bit this summer, and between my travels in and out of town, I was privileged to step in. This past Monday night, we fed 65 (66 if you count the meal I took home to Bill), and then cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom (one of the projects on the list this month...thanks Doug!)

On the menu was Smokey Citrus Pork Tenderloin and/or Smokey Citrus Chicken, Roasted Potatoes (red, white and sweet), White Bean Cassoulet and Creamy Cole Slaw. Desserts are provided by a couple of different Bible classes and are always the highlight of the meal! Especially this past week with German Chocolate Cake, Texas Sheet Cake and Texas-sized chocolate chip cookies among the delicacies. Of course, I had to bring a sampling of each of those home to Bill too...you know how he LOVES sweeets! Guess that's why he likes me so much!! He is working 2nd shift this week so he couldn't join us for dinner.

Anyway, it was fun and I'm already dreaming up the menu for next month...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello grandma laura,
this is william clifford king IV
i'm at aunt betty's

Laura King said...

Oh my William!! I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm so happy Aunt Betty showed you my blog and helped you leave a message. I love you. You and Aunt Betty give each other a hug from me!!