Sunday, August 10, 2008

New phone!!

I finally have my new phone..yea!! My number is still the same, so resume the calls and texts. We had to drive 84 miles to find an Alltel retailer. Fortunately for us, we enjoyed a beautiful drive north through "hill country" and I saw some scenery I hadn't seen before. We also ate at The Bluebonnet Cafe, this fabulous family-owned restaurant which has been open since the 30's. I had roast beef that tasted just like my mama used to make...it was even called "Mama's pot roast!" It reminded me of the Sunday's we went home after church and had open faced roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes in the middle and gravy over all of it (yeah, that rich dark brown velvety gravy!). It wasn't served with the bread, but I did endulge in the mashed potatoes. It was even better than Millers in Newark, OH. Also had saurkraut soup, which was out of this world! Don't knock it until you've tried it. I actually bought their cookbook, and I don't buy many cookbooks because I like to make up my own recipes, or pick one from my memory. Bill had the "mile high meringue" coconut cream. It's just a good thing they didn't have butterscotch meringue or I'd have had to try it!! There were lots of awards and plaques from USA Today, Southern Living and the like on the walls, but you felt kind of like you were sitting in Grandma Perdews kitchen/dining room. Evoked lots of good memories! We came home a little different route (Bill is so good at that), so we got to see more beautiful country and quite a bit of livestock. It was a fun day and riding in a cool air-conditioned car sure beat being out in the 103 degree heat! Bill really wanted to ride the motorcycle, but I weaseled out of it fearing the extreme heat. Maybe in the fall?

We will dig out our camera software soon so we can add some pictures to our blog. The one we have posted right now is the only picture I have of Bill and I together, so it will have to do for now. Until later, I love you!

No comments: