Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Zeke #5

I'd like you to meet our youngest son, Zeke (Ezekiel). He and I are both the 5th sibling in our families. I had a younger brother, but Zeke was the last in our tribe. He has always wished he had a younger sibling and felt it was very unfair that he was the last one to get picked on by the big boys. Zeke is a very easy going, generous and loving man. It's hard for me to think of him as a man since he's my baby, but he is out on his own and making his own way.

Zeke is our song bird...he has a beautiful baritone voice. This picture was taken shortly after a concert at UCA last year.

He sang at Carnegie Hall in New York City in March 2007 with the Bentonville Chamber Choir. To hear their performance, go to: www.npr.com In the search box, type Bentonville Chamber Choir. When the page comes up, click on either of the two songs. They are beautiful! There are also several articles about the event if you are interested. His Aunt Betty and I went to NYC and had a great time, but the concert was the main attraction and we weren't disappointed!

Here's Zeke, Levi and William at IHOP in Searcy, AR which is now William's favorite restaurant! He noticed and commented on every IHOP restaurant from Bentonville to San Antonio when he drove home with us a few weeks ago.

While he was here, Zeke and his girlfriend Sadie came down for a visit. If my camera hadn't drowned at Sea World, I'd have some pictures to post of our visit. We had a really good time, hitting Sea World twice, the Alamo, the River walk a couple of times and some of Zeke's favorite restaurants that aren't in Bentonville, like California Pizza Kitchen and Joe's Crab Shack..yumm-o! The crab legs were out of this world! All three of them drove back to AR together...I was sad to see them go, but had a lot of great memories to help me through until I see them again.

Zeke is traveling around Missouri and Arkansas with his job right now. He lives in Bella Vista with his brother and best friend, Andy. The last 2 years I lived in Bentonville, Andy and Zeke were the only two that still lived at home. It was very rewarding to see how the youngest two sort of became the oldest two in the way they stepped up into the role of head of household and watching out for me.

He's sweet, loving and searching for his place in this world...and isn't he gorgeous!?! By the way, did I tell you he's my favorite?

1 comment:

sheila said...

I love your line about "your favorite". All my kids' lives I have done the same. Just every once in a while, out of the blue, just lean over and say "Did you know you are my favorite!". I thought it would be so cool, one day after I'm gone for them to be sitting aroung Thanksgiving table and one of them start the conversation with "Did you know Mom always thought of me as her favorite?" and then the battle begins....mom stirrin' things up from the grave!!!!